Emergency HVAC Repair Tips
Air conditioning maintenance is a very important component of owning an air conditioning system. For serious problems, you should contact an experienced HVAC technician to diagnose and resolve the issue.
However, there are some minor repairs homeowners can do on their own! Let’s go through a list of actions YOU can take on your own to maintain the heating and cooling systems in your home:
- Clean off your unit and keep the exterior clear of debris and obstruction to ensure clear air flow
- Clear your indoor air vents and wipe off dust and dirt to maintain good air quality
- Change your air filters every 30-90 days
- Charge your coolant levels to replenish the liquid that flows through the coils and keeps your air cool
- Troubleshoot your air conditioner by checking thermostat settings, checking the power, checking the air filter, or checking the ducts
- Shutdown your system to avoid more performance issues and to prevent any more damage
- Be proactive and perform frequent system checks to prolong the life of your equipment
The world of HVAC systems can be intimidating, but you are totally capable of keeping up with minor things on your own!
Performing these small, cautious tasks will prevent major breakdowns and high-cost system repairs. Who wouldn’t want that?!